Thursday, August 30, 2012

Another Sign of the Apocalypse


Oscar was the King of Sweden and Norway from 1844 to his death. I am not sure why I know this fact, and I don't know when he died.
The name and portrait of Oscar II are used as a trademark for King Oscar Sardines and apparently which remains the only brand to obtain his “royal permission”. ( I suppose that is safe since he is no longer living.)
I was at the store yesterday browsing around and noticed King Oscar sardines. Wow! I don't like sardines, but I had not had them for a brazillian years...so I bought a can...Afterwards I looked at the covering and noticed a great little explanation about how the sardines have been a proud Norwegian seafood tradition for over 100 years. There was a nice picture of an ocean inlet in Norway with a ship docked. Reading futher down into the small print it states, "PACKED IN POLAND".
Enough said.

1 comment:

Cedar Street Kid said...

Nothing like a good Swedish kielbasa
or a good Polish meatball.